a ads

Saturday, July 23, 2016

9GAG COMMENTS LOG 18

As an American in Europe, I can say their public bathroom stalls are tiny but private. Much better than US stalls. Their bread tastes EXTREMELY similar and goes bad very soon. They love pickles too. Like, absurdly. There are flags everywhere here too. So... We aren't that different and Europe isn't somehow superior in these ways. We each have different strengths and weaknesses and quirks and foibles and idiosyncrasies. Big surprise.


bluecharon284  · 3d
@game_of_scones I have to strongly disagree on the bread aspect. There are huge differences in the taste between US bread and European bread and there are also huge differences in the European breads. I prefer the German and Italian breads, but that's a matter of taste



cscotty7520611  · 4d
I don't do the pledge anymore at public events. I deserve the remarks and offended bystanders. At the same time- it feels extremely culty and it bothers me that I did it in school. Like, America doesn't own me. I don't owe the government anything other than taxes. Even the nationalistic ideals seem manipulative.


nanananasadman12  · 22h
@cscotty7520 Agree. Same for telling people they need to stand up during the national anthem. Why? Will the flag get triggered?



utility_beltPro2173  · 4d
"I went to a country and they did things differently from us. It was crazy, and they act like its normal to have their own culture! I just don't understand!"


tedderick19  · 16h
@utility_belt #triggered



jwolf1575  · 3d
I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God indivisible with liberty and justice for all. How exactly is that creepy?


mydyoura104  · 3d
@jwolf15 how is it not creepy lol you people are insane i would never say somethign like this i wont plege allegiance to any flag im my own man with my own life i dont owe anyone anything



bigskippyzPro303  · 3d
You are absolutely correct: we Americans are weird, just like everyone everywhere else in the world. I nearly got punched in Europe when I left a tip.


leyenazoey6  · 22h
@bigskippyz That's not the Netherlands then, i can not think of anyone turning down a tip. Let alone punch you!



bertrandzzz165  · 3d
Would you be shocked to find out that in japan they live differently than in Europe too?


ivan3dx51  · 3d
@bertrandzzz the cultures are much more geographically isoleted and the US was an english colony



heleend171  · 3d
Haha. I'm from Belgium and just had my first trip to the US. Visiting Ohio and North Carolina. Laughed my ass of with this post. So damn true. And in most cases..Why America, just..why? A package of cheese promoted with the phrase : "made with REAL cheese!" Like..what else is this? Or should this be made from? *checks product on ingredient info* "aahw yeah! That's right! Cancer.."


nanananasadman1  · 22h
@heleend You're right about the cheese and I wonder why we have such low standards for it. The best I can do without going to a special store is the pricey blocks in the deli section. And it's probably still not as good.



amphabulous_41  · 3d
What is jaywalking?


mwgondim94  · 3d
@amphabulous_ crossing the street outside of a designated zebra crossing



mkervin30  · 4d
Too much water in the toilet bowl?


azynder42  · 4d
@mkervin Don't know if it's everywhere, but every time I see one on TV or picture it has like 3-4 times more water than the ones here, we have the water just above the water lock covering the small opening and no more, no idea why more is needed,



whatshouldmyuse49  · 3d
If you think in America they're loud try Portugal, Spain or Italy


jooaopmf26  · 2d
@whatshouldmyuse i'm portuguese and can confirm we are loud af, took a trip to france and the uk last summer with some friends, everyone looked at us, then we realized we were being too loud xD



fckn_bitch69  · 3d
As an American(born and raised in southern California), I find most of these weird too. Especially the pledge of allegiance. I always felt like a robot or being brainwashed.


fckn_bitch9  · 3d
@bhagat_singhfan I'm not serious about the brainwashed thing. It's a bad joke so chill. It's sad that anyone on 9gag would take anything anyone says seriously here or be serious on her in the first place. (I'm not correcting grammer mistakes so I'll leave it to the Nazis)



msjennyjen36  · 3d
I read these Team America style. Pickles.. F*** Yeah! String Cheese.. F*** Yeah! Cake bread... F*** Yeah!


choppytehbear1  · 2d
@msjennyjen I had to scroll down too far to find this.



spa_inquisition11  · 3d
Some American who could answer me one question?

Why so few of you have fence around your lawn (I know a lot of people have but most don't have fences)? Like srsly You don't have dogs? or children running around? What if someone snitches you something from your lawn?


spa_inquisition12  · 3d
@spa_inquisition Or the "it's illegal to enter someones lawn without permission" They won't go there if you have a fucking fence around your yard



vote4cthulhu3  · 3d
What is Jaywalking?


vote4cthulhu2  · 3d
@vote4cthulhu Captain?



dranged22  · 3d
France's pledge is weirder. "water our fields with their blood"


a_user51  · 3d
@dranged
We don't have a pledge
We have a national anthem



fakkk_uuuu_pik4  · 3d
PLEASE MURICANS EXPLAIN NUMBER 3 FOR ME


rasimpsonPro9  · 2d
@fakkk_uuuu_pik What's to explain? Everything is priced at a retail price, and then tax is added at checkout. It may be because different states have different sales tax rates; ie Indiana is 7% sales tax and California is much higher I think. Most manufactures put the retail price on the box, but because of the tax difference, the overall total will be different from state to state.



gabrielubiratu7  · 3d
Do you really think americans are loud, try going to brazil, they scream while talking.


Kiltrocrazy13  · 2d
@gabrielubiratu Brazil is in South America , so they are also Americans



hk_thunder4  · 3d
If you wonder how much to tip it's 20%


team4aladeen5  · 2d
@hk_thunder I think the problem is to calculate how much 20% is in dollars.



googoopie17  · 3d
Bread "tastes like cake"
Haha
Your country's cake tastes like bread to me.


mosuck32  · 2d
@googoopie because of diabetes



suicidal_tommen27  · 3d
I'm currently visiting my cousins in Albuquerque and I can say everything that was said is God damn true. The best thing about America I think are the people, you're all so nice and polite. That's awesome


drockut3  · 1d
1. The food itself isn't the biggest portion of overhead at restaurants. The portion sizes mean leftovers.
2. I'd be more surprised at not having flags everywhere.
3. We're used to dealing with strange math.
4. 10% tip is generally fine for restaurants. 20% for haircuts, tattoos, and other creative work.
5. I never understood those commercials. Half of each one is spent telling you all the ways the drug can kill you. What's worse is when a company tweaks a drug just enough that it receives a new patent despite being no different on a practical level (like omeprazole vs esomeprazole).
6. This country is huge. In the West, other than the Pacific Coast, there's quite a bit of distance between towns and cities.
7. Most people are cutting the cord with television in favor of streaming services.
8. Cheese in a can is variable in quality. Walmart has the only good store brand. Otherwise it's Easy Cheese. The Bacon Cheddar one is amazing on a burger.


drockut4  · 1d
9. Your Italian friend needs to chill the fuck out. If he had a problem with that, he'd have a real problem with the sense of humor Mexicans embrace.
10. Other than urinals, public toilets are a last-resort. Plus, we are too busy with our own lives to watch you or anyone else take a shit.
11. Pickling came from Europe. Traditional savory Garlic/Dill Cucumber pickles aid digestion, but mostly they just taste good.
12. College sports are an industry all their own.
13. A lot of places won't hold jaywalking against you even though it's illegal. It's mostly a matter of letting motorists know what to expect. Like you said, the country is built around cars. If someone is jaywalking and gets hit, it's the jaywalker's own fault.
14. I must be eating the wrong kind of breads, then. Granted, I'm in Utah so Pioneer culture led to family recipes where sugar was only for making the dough rise.
15. That glass of soda cost three cents. (I used to work for Coca-Cola).The profit margin is insane.



_blyatman_17  · 3d
fuckings clickbaiting me with those damn pictures


big_smoke911d
@_blyatman_ ikr I hate these fucking pictures


canada_balll5  · 4d
Most of these apply to Canada as well


garaak10  · 3d
@canada_balll Canada's basically the 51 state.



pitipips7  · 2d
In our country, professionals such as doctors and lawyers are banned from using commercial advertisements to get more clients. The ideology behond is that professionals like them should be working to improve society first and making money is just a bonus part of their work.


pitipips2d
@pitipips *behind



bigchinbastard9  · 4d
Everything is designed around cars because it is impossible to walk everywhere. My childhood hometown had 1 grocery store, but they didn't have a place that sold practical things (like non edible items) so we had to drive 20 minutes to the next town over.
If it isn't a big city, our public transport sucks. We have to drive everywhere because it's required.
The flags everywhere, espically on national holidays. I don't know why, but some people get pissed if you don't fly the flag on July 4th.


big_smoke912  · 1d
@bigchinbastard gradeAunderA m8


youknow_youknow6  · 3d
Oh really?


demonik231  · 1d
@youknow_youknow british have the "Right" that they keep repeating even if they don't understand what you are talking about. And the most annyoing thing is that they pronounce it like "Royt"



doamaster812d
Let's Face it, we Germans are much better than you americans:
1. we Are smarter (we don't need someone to Tell us to not dry our dog in a microwave oven...)
2. we got bigger balls (yes attacking almost every european Country at the Same Time wasn't that Smart but at least we had the balls to try it ;) )


dhoogduin1d
@doamaster81 But germans still lost the war to them.. now what does that make u.



ziggydakitty5  · 2d
How freakin hard is it to just made LEGITIMATE cheese?!?
like actual proper cheese made from cow's milk or goat's milk or whatever.... its always in a can, or spray, or covered in little plastic sleeves....

WTF Man?! I just want a normal chunk of classic Edam or Brie or Jarlsberg - how freakin hard is that?


american__doge2  · 2d
@ziggydakitty Ever heard of Wisconsin? All they do is cheese there



johncollins50912  · 2d
You know, I thought the same about the soft drink culture in Europe. Soft drinks were expensive as fuck, even in a McDonald's and when you wanted more drink (which makes more sense in Europe with their 'small' cups), they're like lol nope fork cash bitch.
Srsly y u do dis.


slothinator10  · 2d
@johncollins5091 the explanation is quite easy. All the restaurants here make their money by selling drinks. The food is mostly pretty cheap and so they increased the prices for drinks. plus europe does not have a tip-culture as the US does and they need the money to pay their employees. Well that's basically it. Both cultures are easy to understand und they both have pros and cons. I personally prefer the european way as it helps me to stop drinking a lot of unhealthy stuff. :)



bigchinbastard2  · 4d
I don't know about the bread thing. I saw the stuff I bought had sugar on the label, so I moved to non sugar stuff. I haven't thought about that in years. Or I make my own.


legionsama1  · 2d
@bigchinbastard I found that weard that the sugar bread is the norm...but hell it not my country so..



high_towelie2  · 4d
Is 12 really a thing? I thought it was only a tv/movie thing?


utility_beltPro9  · 4d
@high_towelie it's pretty true. They aren't as huge as the pro players, but speaking college is where 98% of pro players come from, they do get some of the lime light. College is televised, also, and very popular.



ulrich_lars7  · 3d
Faroe islands:
Potatoes with everything
MILLIONS of dishes that contain fish
You can get dry whale (its a popular snack here) to school and people with get jealus
Same with sheep on bread
Almost only corn bread and dark bread
A lot of sheep slaughtering in fall
Seriusly
Dont go there in fall
Unless ofcurse you want to see the sheep holocaust
Even i myself have slaughtered my portion of sheep


jackwithblackPro7  · 3d
@FaroeseHypocrit Sheep holocaust. kek


the_other_ace6  · 3d
I used to fuck up the pledge in high school (I'm a half Brit half American), saying "I pledge alliegence to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it used to stand, one nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for some" no one ever noticed, lol


team4aladeen9  · 2d
@the_other_ace Such edginess...



vaultboy22813  · 3d
What do you mean, no PIN's or signatures?


vrd3  · 2d
@vaultboy2281 you can just swipe your card and that's it. Sometimes they will ask for a signature, sometimes they won't. But you can simply draw anything and it will go through.



gabrielwimmer1  · 2d
Non american here, I don't geht what is so wird about american portion sizes... I've been to the US and the portions aren't really different to what I consider normal in my home country...


poneypanda3  · 1d
@gabrielwimmer aren't you german or austrian? As a french person who lived in germany and in the US, I found that the portions were absolutely huge. I remember ordering a small wiener schnitzel and the thing was to me a plate for 2/3 person, then I asked the waiter "what's the big one then" and I was just amazed by the size of it all!



ananicat3d
Jaywalking? Explain me Please :)


justnur1  · 3d
@ananicat crossing a road where is no signs allowing to do so



bigchinbastard11  · 4d
And the tv advertisement thing, we hate it as well, judging by the fact everyone watches Netflix


nutjobjoe5  · 3d
He didn't see any guns,pretty sure he went to Canada


skybeam241  · 2d
@nutjobjoe Or California, I heard New York has some strict laws too.


coronasy10  · 3d
Too many people don't realise that this post is not negative.


19shakavirgo192  · 2d
Well I'm from
South America and I've been living in Texas for about 4 years now (I've also traveled a lot outside and inside of the US), and I can say that even when every country has differences in culture, every country that I've visited (aside from the US) has very similar behaviors


19shakavirgo191  · 2d
@19shakavirgo19 food portions are the most noticeable ones tho.... We eat a fucking lot, specially in Texas



saphique2d
The tip isn't that difficult, if the service was good you'll give up to 10% of the total. Quite normal here in the Netherlands and nearby countries.


harvester791  · 2d
@saphique I'm Dutch too, 10% is fine in the Netherlands. But I think in the USA it's considered low. I've mostly heard 15% or 20% as an acceptable tip level.



fayari2d
You forgot guns in grocery stores. Seriously, I was in America and was surprised by how available the guns were. I bought a few. Sometimes they don't even ask you for a permit.


american__doge2d
@fayari Which state?



dcguyton2d
The pledge is old school, and it got extra weird during the Cold War for octopus reasons, but they don't do it in schools anymore and many people are outraged over this. Overall I found this whole post really funny though and enjoyed it 🏼


dcguyton4  · 2d
@dcguyton obvious* reasons! Lol...octopus reasons xD



jalle7892d
Which country? Mexico right?


anthonyscw71d
@jalle789 If they can't call the United States of America 'America', then you can't call the United States of Mexico 'Mexico'. Start using full country names, or pull your head out of your ass and quit bitching.



christianfs12  · 2d
One thing i just don't get is cooking spray- the entire concept boggles my mind. why not use something natural instead of something processed beyond recognition that doesn't even taste good.


superbinnie2  · 2d
@christianfs1 Most cooking spray is just aerosol vegetable oil. Helps keep calories down if you just mist the pan, rather than their in a kg of butter.



zonamsss4  · 3d
No potato in the end :(


american__doge3  · 2d
@zonamsss 'cause we had it with our burger


juanloco1  · 3d
american toilets smells like shit


dogebane7  · 3d
@juanloco that's because of what you do in them



filthy__franku1  · 2d
What's jaywalking OP (non English speaker)


skybeam245  · 2d
@filthy__franku Google and other comments are your friend.



11deabril1d
Correction: USA. America is a Continent.


anthonyscw71d
@11deabril North America is a continent. South America is a continent. Unless you start calling Mexico the United States of Mexico, you've got no ground to stand on here.



mlg_dank_master2d
Whats jaywalking?


american__doge4  · 2d
@mlg_dank_master LOOK IT UP!



rape_dungeon_pg2d
OP... Italian bread or sourdough bread, tastes just like the European one.


rape_dungeon_pg2d
and btw, i'm not american, lived in the US for 4 months and found that out in the first few days



black_veganPro2  · 3d
Pickles? It's not on everything


gungagalunga1  · 15h
@black_vegan Right? I wish I got pickles with everything. I love pickles. I need to find out where these people are going. I live in Texas, and the only time we get pickles with food is with barbecue, or at a deli.


Ferditjuh5  · 4d
I actually moved to the US this year and I have to say i agree with everything on this list, except the "oh really" one cause im not Italian and the low toilet one. It took a while to get used to but the lower toilets actually put you in a more healthy and natural position.

Every country has things like these though, not just the US. Culture and stuff...


wauwau1  · 2d
the biggest problem i have with college football is that the students see nothing of the money. its a multimillion dollar buisness and the employees don't get paid.


wauwau2d
@wauwau and you say you are all about personal freedom, but have a drafting system where the companies decide wich player gets to play for wich team and the players have no say in the whole thing.


good___dog5  · 3d
You know what us Americans are also used to a lot? Culture shock.


em1l100012h
What is jaywalking??


gonijc3h
@em1l1000 may I  you in the direction of a certain search engine named google?


aleton147813h
I haven't been to Europe for 20 years but what I do remember is that the bread tasted "grainy". Not texture wise but flavor wise. We Americans like the food we eat to look like it does in advertising campaigns and also added sugar spurs the brain to want more. But at least we have all the guns we can buy! ;)


aleton147813h
@aleton1478
And yes I just generalized...get over it


powweerrrrr16h
How is a pledge of allegiance creepy


gonijc3h
@powweerrrrr It is. Its kind of propaganda. I am not amercian, but went to an american school for a while, and we did it, even though many of us were not americans. And it was just really creepy. It is, in my opinion, too much nationalsitc pride.


krissnotfunny20h
I find weird how a so messed-up, corrupted and illiterate country considers itself "great"


gonijc3h
@krissnotfunny Corrupt? brother please, let me intorduce you to brazil.


obi1wan11d
Wtf is jay walking


gonijc3h
@obi1wan1 google, google, google googele google.


anitta281d
@bigskippyz Seriously? "Europe"? Do you think Europe is one big country? There are so many different countries and cultures and you Americans just call it "Europe" like it's all the same to you. It's very disrespectful.


bigskippyzPro19h
@anitta28 Just like y'all "Eurpoeans" do with America.


cristineoficial1d
and what about the religious bigotry?! everyone is so damn christian, at least in speeches. i mean, do you hear your politicians? they talk more about God than the Pope.


gonijc3h
@cristineoficial you should see latin america. While not as immideate how christian they are, they are much more catholic then the usa.


enelrahcnna2d
Whats with their portion sizes? Captain? Ive never been to the US and i know nothing about their portion sizes


american__doge2  · 2d
@enelrahcnna Ours are generally larger than Europe. A large is generally cheaper in the states.


callmek3  · 3d
thats why we like U.S tourists. They always buy the biggest meals and leave good tips. And they aren't innately rude either. U.S and Japan have a bit over the top nationalism/patriotism but I wish my country was more like that.


mystic_grunt3  · 3d
Upvoted for the Saul thumbnail


javabro4  · 2d
America is the world's cool, but irresponsible uncle. YOU WANT MORE SODA? LET'S GET MORE SODA!


giantdropper4  · 3d
Also, it may seem that we have a lack of culture. Don't forget that the United States is a relatively new country in comparison to most and we are still developing our identity and culture.


bludgerifola4  · 3d
We take dumps with pride, bitch


jizz_ina_box2  · 3d
Soccer players are revered as celebrities much more than Football players. (Inb4 'it's fussball and hang-egg hurr durr')


10_doctor2  · 3d
Welcome to America, bitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

2K SSL PROXY LIST

104.233.82.203:80 195.154.236.20:60088 94.23.194.104:60088 195.242.125.183:48111 87.237.234.159:5656 94.23.2.127:60088 104.237.252.20:1080 ...